We are so excited to be working with one our MOST fabulous clients ever at this spectacular venues. If you want a Tuscan or wish you could have a destination wedding to Italy, but are staying in Central Texas. You need to check out this venue.
Looking for your something blue! I am loving these sling back Charm Heels.
Kate Spade has out done her self:
What is the meaning of “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue”?
This tradition comes from an Old English rhyme (“Something Olde, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, A Sixpence in your Shoe”), and the four objects that the bride adds to her wedding outfit or carries with her on the big day are just good luck charms. Don’t stress too much about them — they are the little tokens of love your mother, sister, other relatives, and attendants will give you at the eleventh hour (although you can give them to yourself, too). Something old represents continuity; something new offers optimism for the future; something borrowed symbolizes borrowed happiness; something blue stands for purity, love, and fidelity; and a sixpence in your shoe is a wish for good fortune and prosperity, although this remains largely a British custom.
Picking a date for your wedding seems easy enough, right? Here are some helpful tips when considering a date for your event.
1. Pick a season – example – you want a spring wedding.
2. Check with the church (if you are using one), some denominations do not preform ceremonies certain weeks or times of the year.
3. Check birthdays of members of the wedding party. Although you may think it is a good way to remember your future mother in law’s birthday, if it is the same day as your anniversary, trust me she will not think it’s “cute”.
4. Do a little detective work to see what else is going on in the city the same day/ weekend. If there is high demand in the city for an annual festival, air fare and hotel rate will be elevated.
– on the other hand if you are NOT expecting any out of town guests then this could be an opportunity to be able to negotiate with the venue as they are typically slower for the above reason.
5. This one may be TMI, but here it goes, you may want to stay away from the week that Aunt Flow comes to visit as who wants that for their honeymoon 😉
6. As a curtsy check with your wedding party to make sure they do not have a prior commitment for the narrowed down dates.
7. It’s always good to have a few options when talking to venues as they already have events booked 12-18 months in advance.
8. If you are really set on certain date let the venue know when you call to set up an appointment to tour the venue. You really do not want to waste your time if they are not available.
New beginnings! So your relationship has made it to the next level. Now what? Get married, right, easier said than done. Your thought you were just agreeing to marry the love of your life, but no, now you are planning a wedding. Wether you are newly out of school and just beginning your carrier or have been dreaming of this day for a decade or more , the overwhelming feeling is the same. So this is where we come in, we are Pear Tree Events, LLC. Real people planning real weddings.